Is College the Right Choice for Me?
you may find yourself asking, "Is college really the right choice for me?" It's
only natural. College is a huge financial investment and an academic challenge unlike
any you experienced during high school. It is important to stay focused on your
goal and to realize the many benefits of earning a college degree or certificate,
- Access to additional job opportunities. Many jobs require advanced
education beyond high school. Pursuing a college degree will give you more options
throughout your lifetime.
- Increased lifetime earnings. A college graduate with a bachelor's
degree earns an average of $23,000 more a year than a worker with only a high school
diploma, according to the U. S. Census Bureau.
- Personal development. College is an opportunity to explore a
wide variety of courses. You are likely to discover a new subject that interests
- Learning new skills. Going to college may be the first time you
live away from home and make decisions independent of your family. You will learn
how to live on your own, manage your time, and develop other life skills.
- Meeting new people. You'll meet many new people and develop friendships
that may last a lifetime!
If you are worried about college cost, remember that there are many affordable options!
College is expensive, but students who need financial help can get it from a variety
of federal, state, and other sources. Learn about the many
student aid programs
available to you on StudentAid.com.